Are you interest in becoming a Mexican citizen? Mexico Paperworks is here to help.
Becoming a Mexican Citizen has several advantages, depending on your situation. Mexico Paperworks can help you to determine if this process and status is right for you and your personal situation.
Some benefits of Mexican Naturalization or Citizenship include:
· No More Immigration, fees, renewals, contact, etc. ·
· Fideicomisos are not required for your personally owned properties. You can have full outright ownership of your properties if desired. ·
· You are able to vote. ·
· You can work in any field as a citizen, no limitations or requirements because you are a foreigner. ·
· If desired you can run for public office (short of the Presidency). ·
· No declarations by Mexico to foreign entities of assets. ·
There are several different ways to qualify for Mexican Citizenship. These are the most common:
Time of residence, after 5 years living in Mexico while having valid Immigration Visas for that entire time.
If you have a child or spouse that was born in Mexico.
In order to qualify, during the first submission process, there are basic tests that are required in order to proceed with the application. Aside from the required stay in Mexico of a minimum 18 months over the past 2 years, a very basic oral examination is completed, attesting that you have at least a basic understanding of the Spanish Language, and a basic written exam on the basic history of Mexico, which is comprised of 10 questions out of a possible 100. For those of you who are 60 years old, you are exempt from the History Test.
In most cases, including US and Canadian Citizens, you can have dual citizenship. Mexico does not in most cases require you to relinquish your citizenship in order to become Mexican.
If you are interested in becoming a Mexican citizen and think that you may qualify, contact us today for a consultation.
Mexico Paperworks, We’re here to help.